3M™ MicroTouch™ System DST2270DX
Large touch screens for digital signage
The 3M MicroTouch System DST2270DX offers a chemically-strengthened glass, stylus-independent touch solution with fast-accurate-repeatable response and operation unaffected by contaminants, static objects or other touches on the screen. The DST2270DX system is ideal for large-format LCD displays used for interactive digital signage and point-of-information applications. Available for 32", 40", 42", 46" 52" and 55" display sizes.
3M™ Dispersive Signal Technology (DST) is poised to become the touch technology standard for large-format interactive displays. Traditional touch technologies detect "touch" by interrupting acoustic waves, optical fields or infrared light above the surface of the touch screen. What's different about 3M DST is that it precisely calculates touch locations by analyzing the bending waves within the glass substrate that are created by the user's touch. This allows for fast, accurate, reliable touch performance that is unaffected by contaminants, scratches, or static objects on the screen, as well as enabling stylus support and multi-user capability.
Dispersive Signal Technology
- Superior surface durability is designed to maintain optical and functional performance over the life of the product
- Provides reliable operation in the presence of dust, dirt, and other surface contaminants
Durable Glass Surface
- Requires MoHS 7 or higher to induce a cosmetic scratch ensuring reliable performance in high-use environments
- Chemically-strengthened glass meets EN/UL 60950 glass breakage specifications
- Anti-glare surfare etch provides excellent optical properties in a wide range of ambient light conditions and minimizes the appearance of fingerprints
Versatile Installation Options
- Outstanding performance in either vertical position (portrait and landscape) and horizontal position (as in a tabletop configuration)
- Input Method: Finger and stylus input
- Accuracy: Reported coordinates are within 1.0% of true position (based on viewing area dimensions)
- Touch System Resolution: 16k x 16k (maximum resolution)
- Response Time: 20 ms for tap input
- Minimum Touch Impact*: 50 mN·s (milli-newton seconds), the equivalent of a very light touch
- Light Transmission**: 92% light transmission (±2%)
- Surface Finish: Anti-glare etch (standard)
- Glass Thickness: 2.2 mm (± 0.2 mm), glass only
- Overall Thickness: 4.4 mm (± 0.5 mm), includes glass thickness, tail, electronics components, and mounting material
- Substrate Material: Chemically-strengthened glass substrate
- Surface Hardness: Mohs pick with a hardness rating of 7 or higher is required to induce a scratch. Scratches will not result in a functional failure
- Cleaning: Standard, non-abrasive glass cleaners acceptable
- Surface Obstructions: Touch screen operation withstands surface contaminants such as dirt, dust and grime
- Operating Temperature***: -15° C to +70° C for the touch screen. Relative Humidity: Up to 90% non-condensing
- Storage Temperature***: -50° C to +85° C. Relative Humidity: Up to 90% non-condensing
- System Warranty: 3-year limited warranty
- Communications Protocol: Auto-sensing dual mode (Serial plug and play and/or USB HID)
- Nominal Uncased Dimensions: 2.66" x 3.75" x 0.45", 67.56 mm x 95.25 mm x 11.43 mm
- MTBF: >140k hours per MIL Std. 217F calculation
- Regulatory: UL/cUL, FCC-A, CE, VCCI, AS/NZS 3548
- Drivers: MicroTouch MT7 for Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP and VISTA
* Tested at 73 dBA under pink noise, ambient condition
** Test uses BYK Gardner Haze Gard Plus
*** See MicroTouch DST Delivery Specifications for storage and operating temperatures at varying humidity
MT7 Gestures allow customers to use prebuilt software libraries to add intuitive gesture recognition to their touch applications. This application program interface (API) incorporates "single finger gesture recognition", as well as a programmable "radial menu" feature that allow developers to enhance their user interface with intuitive touch features. These four libraries are included in the MT7 Gestures API:
- MT7 Trace collects user touch actions into traces, each representing a single touch down, drag, and lift off sequence.
- MT7 Stroke takes a trace and matches it against an applicationdefined collection of reference strokes. Based on the match, the application determines what action is intended.
- MT7 Radial presents a radial menu (a.k.a. pie menu) for the user to select an option that the application responds to.
- MT7 Box Tool takes one or two traces and monitors their position, returning any change in distance or angle between a trace and a reference point or another trace.
Click here for information on the 3M MicroTouch Software MT7 features, drivers and control panel.