3M™ MicroTouch™ System SCT3250EX
(formerly known as the 3M™ MicroTouch™ ClearTek™ II Touch System)
The Global Standard in Surface Capacitive Touch Technology.
Key Product Features
- High-endurance solution that is unaffected by on-screen contaminants such as chemicals, grease, dirt, and water
- ideal for touch applications where exceptional performance, vibrant optics and environmental robustness is required, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
- High light transmission provides superior display performance
- Smooth surface allows for improved scroll performance
- Input Method: Finger input
- Accuracy*: Reported touch coordinates are within 1.0% of true position (based on the diagonal dimension of the screen) within the precision area when linearized and used with MicroTouch™ EX II Series Touch Controllers
- Resolution: Touch screen resolution defaults to settings in the electronics and software, generally 1024 x 1024, but capable of 16K x16K when used with EX II electronics
- Linearization: Factory linearization values are stored in the attached controller, represented in a 2D bar code, or in the touch screen NOVRAM when present
- Light Transmission**: 91.5% light transmission (±1.5%)
- Surface Finish: ClearTek II hard coat with optimal anti-glare properties. Scratch resistant top coat provides smooth, easy glide touch surface
- Minimum Contact Requirement: 5.4 ms for finger input with EX II series controller
- Glass Thickness: 3.18mm (±0.25mm) typical. (Glass only, not including flexible tail connection; reference touch screen drawing for details.)
- Display Size Supported: 6.4" to 32" diagonal (4.3, 16:9, 16:10)
- Surface Scratch Hardness: A Mohs pick with a hardness rating of 7 or higher is required to induce a scratch which will cause a functional failure. Functionality unaffected by severe abrasion per MIL-C-675-C, exceeding number of specified cycles. Functionality unaffected by 10,500 grams of force per Balance Beam Scrape Adhesion Mar Tester with loop stylus
- NEMA Rating: NEMA sealable
- Gasketing: Complete water-resistant seal obtainable with polyethylene gasket. Please consult ClearTek™ II integration guide for further details
- Mounting: Please consult MicroTouch™ ClearTek™ II Integration Guide for specific mounting instructions.
- Cleaning: Water, isopropyl alcohol, or similar non-abrasive cleaners
- Surface Obstructions: Touch screens operation withstands surface contaminants such as, dirt, dust and grease
- Chemical Resistance: ClearTek™ II is highly resistant to a variety of solvents, acids, and household chemicals in accordance with ASTM-D-1308-02e1 and ASTM-F-1598-95 (reapproved 2002)
- Liquid Resistance: Liquids on screen do not impede touch screen performance
- Operating Temperature: -40° C to 70° C for the touch screen
- Storage Temperature: Always store the touch screen in its original shipping container between -50°C and 85°C (up to 90% RH from 0° C to + 35° C). Never store touch screens in an environment where condensation may form
- Humidity: Up to 90% RH from 0° C to +35° C, non-condensing
MT7 Gestures allow customers to use prebuilt software libraries to add intuitive gesture recognition to their touch applications. This application program interface (API) incorporates "single finger gesture recognition", as well as a programmable "radial menu" feature that allow developers to enhance their user interface with intuitive touch features. These four libraries are included in the MT7 Gestures API:
- MT7 Trace collects user touch actions into traces, each representing a single touch down, drag, and lift off sequence.
- MT7 Stroke takes a trace and matches it against an applicationdefined collection of reference strokes. Based on the match, the application determines what action is intended.
- MT7 Radial presents a radial menu (a.k.a. pie menu) for the user to select an option that the application responds to.
- MT7 Box Tool takes one or two traces and monitors their position, returning any change in distance or angle between a trace and a reference point or another trace.
Click here for information on the 3M MicroTouch Software MT7 features, drivers and control panel.
3M Touch Systems offers more than 70 recommended SCT3250 sensor and SCT3250EX system products ranging from 15 to 32 inches.
Click here to search part list by display size, controller and aspect ratio.
Before you can purchase a product, you will need to configure the product to your specifications.